Can you play Phasmophobia on your Oculus Quest 2? When is Phasmophobia coming to Oculus Quest 2?
Phasmophobia is a psychological horror game designed by a British game studio, Kinetic Games. It was released in September 2020, and since then, its popularity has been rising. Phasmophobia is a pleasure on PC, but it would be even more fun to immerse in this horror world with VR headsets. Fortunately, Phasmophobia supports virtual reality, but it does not have a particular version for any specific VR headset. And we don’t think that there will be one in the near future.
If you have Oculus Quest 2 and are a fan of horror games, you must be really curious to know whether you can play Phasmophobia on it. You will have your answers in this article, which is solely focused on playing Phasmophobia on Oculus Quest 2.
Can you find Phasmophobia on Oculus Quest 2?
Right now, the Phasmophobia does not support Oculus Quest 2 and is not available in the Quest 2 game store. That means you cannot just download, purchase or install it on your Quest 2 headset. But still, you can play Phasmophobia on your Quest 2; it just takes a couple of extra steps. Thanks to technological advancements, you can find it on the steam library on your Oculus Quest 2 headset. But to play Phasmophobia on Oculus Quest 2, you need to connect your headset to a PC.
How to play Phasmophobia on Oculus Quest 2?
Play Phasmophobia using link cable
Oculus link cable is a high-quality USB cable that can connect your headset to a PC. It is 5 meters long, so you can comfortably enjoy the games. But make sure your PC fulfils recommended basic specifications before linking it with the Oculus link cable. If you are using a USB cable other than the official link cable, make sure it is suitable enough to handle proper USB-C transfer rates. Considering your PC and cable meets the specifications, follow these steps:
- Turn on Oculus Quest 2 and open the Oculus app on your PC.
- Insert one end of link cable in 3.0 USB port of PC and other end to your headset.
- A notification will appear in the headset suggesting you “Allow access to data” and choose “Deny”.
- In case you accidentally select “Allow”, unplug the cable from Quest 2 and begin again.
- When Enable Oculus Link option pop-up, click “Enable” to connect your headset with the PC.
Phasmophobia on Oculus Quest 2.”
- After this, a new home screen will appear, click “Steam VR” and switch to Steam VR home.
- Press “Menu” on the left controller to open the list of Steam games, find Phasmophobia and enjoy gaming.
Play Phasmophobia wirelessly
Oculus Air Link is a streaming technology that allows you to wirelessly enjoy Phasmophobia on Oculus Quest 2.
- Put on your Quest 2 headset and Purchase, download and install Virtual Desktop from the Oculus store.
- Now, take off Quest 2, open the Oculus app on your PC and download the Virtual Desktop streamer app. Run the app, enter your Oculus credentials and save.
- Next, put the headset back, open the Virtual Desktop app and select your computer from the list to connect it with Quest 2.
- Once connected, tap the “Menu” button on the left controller to open the Virtual Desktop menu. Now, on the left menu, select “Start Steam VR” to open the steam home.
- Again press the left controller’s menu button, find Phasmophobia and enjoy it in VR.
Phasmophobia Oculus Quest 2 release date
Although, Phasmophobia is gaining immense popularity, but the game is still in its early access phase. Kinetic games, the developers of Phasmophobia, are busy further polishing the game for PC. Therefore, the developers do not appear to have time and money to release a special VR version of Phasmophobia. So, we can not say for sure when we will have a Phasmophobia Quest 2 version.
There is no official Phasmophobia Oculus Quest 2 version, but you can play it on your Quest 2 by connecting the headset with your PC. We wish that Kinetics games will soon develop a special version for Oculus Quest 2.