If you’re new to Oculus and not sure how to create an account, don’t worry because we’re here to guide you through the whole process.
Since the release of Oculus Quest 2, it has become mandatory to have a Facebook account if you want to log in to Oculus. It makes sense since Oculus is a division of Facebook (now called Meta).
However, this is not good news for those gamers who don’t want to share their gaming skills and activities with their families, friends, and colleagues, but it works pretty well for those who enjoy sharing details about their lives.
Let’s learn how to create an Oculus account:
Oculus Quest 2 Create Account
Can’t create an Oculus account?
To create an Oculus account with Facebook on Oculus Quest or Meta Quest 2, follow these instructions.
- Firstly, install the Oculus app on your phone or visit the Oculus website on your computer. You can find the application on Google Play and the Apple Store.
- You will then see two options “Log in with Facebook” and “Have an Oculus account”. If you have a Facebook account, select the former option. After that, turn on your Oculus Quest headset.
- To pair your VR headset with your Facebook account and phone, select the Oculus Quest or Quest 2 on the Oculus app.
You must first create a Facebook account if you don’t already have one.
- At the bottom of the page, click “Sign up.”.
- Upon clicking this, you will be directed to a new window where you will enter the correct information in the given sections and then click “Sign up” to create a Facebook account.
- Next, click “Login with Facebook” in the Oculus window.
- Click Login and enter your password.
- Pair your VR headset with your Facebook account and phone by turning on your headset and selecting your Oculus device.
That’s all you have to do. Now you can easily find and chat with your friends without ever taking the headset off their heads. Additionally, through the Universal Home Menu, you can share screenshots, videos, and even live stream your gameplay to Facebook.
You can access exclusive events such as movie screenings, concerts, and more through the Events section by logging in with a Facebook account. However, your activities on social media may impact the log-in process and overwrite the Oculus Quest if you open a free Oculus account using Facebook. Your Oculus Quest and games purchased on it will be lost if you are suspended for any reason. Additionally, if your account is hacked, you will lose access.
Privacy settings can be changed
If, however, you don’t want to share your VR activities with your social network, you can limit the audience from Quest 2’s privacy settings.
You can limit the audience in the Oculus settings by selecting “Only me”, which is the safest option to choose.
Oculus Account Without a Facebook Account
Those who have a Facebook account, but do not want to use it with Oculus, as well as those who do not have a Facebook account at all, wish to create Oculus accounts without Facebook.
You can only open an Oculus account without Facebook if you own the business version of the Quest 2 headset, which costs $500 more than the consumer version.
What Will You Miss on Your Oculus Account Without Facebook?
- No access to any social feature
- Your Oculus Quest 2 will disappear from the list of your devices on your smartphone. Sometimes, it may not even appear on your phone.
- You cannot start streaming on Oculus remotely.
To open an Oculus account, you simply need a Facebook account. Others may find this compulsion unethical, but it’s the only way to use your headset.