Valve Index is a well-known name for virtual reality gaming headsets. Although famous, the VR headset still requires a wired adapter to work. Do many people wonder if there is a wireless adapter for valve index, or is a valve index 2 coming out? However, no one knows the exact answer to these questions. This is because Valve has not yet made any official announcement. This article will discuss valve index wireless adapter and valve index 2.
Is there a wireless adapter for the Valve Index?
The Valve index does not have any wireless mode nor supports any wireless way. No wireless adapter can convert the wired Valve Index into a tether less device. But wireless adapter for Valve Index is the most requested feature since the original release of adapter mounted Valve index.
Many rumors and evidence predict that the valve index wireless kit will launch sooner or later. In July 2020, valve registered a patent that gives people hint about the coming wireless adapter of the Valve Index headset. However, whether the patent referred to a valve index wireless adapter or an entirely new valve index 2 headset is not confirmed.
However, Valve’s patent filed in September 2020 hints that both wireless and adapter-supported versions of the Valve Index are coming. So, we can say that the wireless adapter for Valve Index is indeed coming. However, no one knows the exact release date yet. But one thing for sure is that the next generation will get a wireless adapter for Valve Index.
Valve Index wireless adapter | Rumors and Predictions
Investigators found references for a new headset prototype within the SteamVR code and predicts that Valve is working on a new VR headset, valve index 2. According to investigators, the new headset will be wireless and standalone, which means you don’t have to connect it to a PC to use it.
A famous VR YouTuber also claimed that members of his community found multiple references leading to valve index 2. He announced that they found code-named “Deckard” from the SteamVR code. He then stated specific cross-references from Valve’s recent patents and predicted that the new headset would have an internal processor and antennas. These changes will allow the headset to connect to Wi-Fi, so new valve index will be wireless and standalone.
The prediction of a new Valve headset is also made by Ars Technica, who claimed that an insider corroborates the news to him. According to Ars, Valve is working on a new headset. However, right now, it’s nowhere near to commercial release. According to Ars’s resources, the future headset will have an internal tracking mechanism to not depend on the base station for tracking.
Although previously discussed things are just predictions from VR gaming professionals, Valve already has one VR headset, Valve index, which sold out shortly after its release. So, we can say that Valve is working on a new and better headset, given that the previous one was a big success.
However, it is unknown whether the new headset will have a wireless adapter. Valve has already made a PC that can fit into a handheld device, so they can make a wireless adapter for valve index or make a wireless valve index 2. Moreover, Valve is launching Steam Deck in a few days, so the company will work on making it a success before releasing a new product. So, we have no other option left other than to wait. The widely used Valve index is not wireless, and you have to use various cables to use it. If you don’t know how to set up a valve index, read our next section.
Valve Index Setup Instructions
The valve index does not have a wireless adapter, so you have to use wires. To setup Valve index, follow our instructions:
- Make sure you have VR supported PC.
- Perform a SteamVR performance test to know whether your PC meets the hardware requirements of virtual reality. Also, update your graphic card drivers.
- Choose your playing area and remove any obstacle, including kids and pets, from that area. Valve’s recommendation is at least 2m x 1.5m (6.5ft x 5ft) of space to enjoy a room-scale VR experience to the fullest.
- Setup base station. Make sure to peel off thin film from the front panel of the base station. The front panel of the base station should face the playing area. Connect all base stations to a power outlet.
- Now connect the valve index headset to your PC using two plugs. Connect the DisplayPort cord to your graphic card port. Lastly, connect the USB headset cord to the USB 3.0 port of your PC.
- Use the headset power adapter and plug the headset and Valve index into a power outlet.
- Launch SteamVR. Open Steam client on PC. See the upper right corner and click on the VR box. Next, press the System button on the controller.
- Follow SteamVR instructions and finish setting up your playing area.
Is there a Valve Index 2 coming out?
Currently, there is no information regarding the release or even manufacturing of Valve Index 2. There are only predictions and blind guesses by VR specialists. However, we know for sure that Valve Index came out in 2019, and it was a huge success. So, there are chances that we might get a Valve index 2 anytime soon.
We don’t have an official statement about releasing valve index 2. But given the patents filed by Valve and information from Valve officials, we can say that Valve Index 2 is already in work, and we can get good news soon. Its release date is not yet announced. We can expect to see some features in the upcoming Valve Index 2.
- Better comfort adjustments, enhanced ergonomics, and better weight distributions to improve users’ VR experience.
- Wireless adapter
- Updated and better visuals.
- Standalone headset.
To conclude, Valve Index was a big success when first released. However, the headset is not tether less, unlike its competitor, oculus quest. But according to rumors and official information present, we will get a wireless adapter for Valve Index soon. However, we don’t know the exact date yet.
Valve Index Next Topics –