In the event that your Oculus quest 2 headset is also not working properly with glitches and lags every minute, then it may be time for you to reset your headset. Moreover, if you are discarding or selling the headset, you should also reset it before discarding or selling it.
The only way to fix glitches that won’t go away with just a headset restart is by resetting the headset. If you do, please remember that all your data will be erased, including all of your account information from the headset. However, this is unfortunately the only solution.
As there are two ways to factory reset your Oculus Quest 2 headset, we will be discussing both of them in this article. The first way involves using the headset buttons to perform the task. The second way involves using the Oculus mobile app to perform the task. Let’s get started.
How to Factory Reset an Oculus Quest 2 Using the Oculus Headset?
If you don’t have the Oculus mobile app, then don’t worry. You can reset your malfunctioning Oculus Quest 2 headset without a mobile app. Here is how:
- Turn your Oculus quest 2 headset off.
- Hold the power and volume down buttons and press them simultaneously. Pressing the button will bring up the screen.
- Use volume buttons to navigate to the “Factory reset” option. Press the power button to select it.
- Again, use the volume button to scroll to “Yes” on the next screen and press the power button to confirm the reset process. The reset will start and will complete in a few minutes. After resetting, you will be able to use the Oculus headset again.
How to Factory Reset an Oculus Quest 2 Using the iPhone and Android app?
The second way to factory reset your Quest 2 is to use an Oculus-compatible device. Here is how you can do it:
Download and launch the Oculus app on an Oculus-compatible device. The Oculus app works on both Android and IOS devices. Use Google Play Store or Apple App Store to download the Oculus app.
Open the Oculus app, create an account, and pair this app with your headset. This step is required if you have not previously paired the Oculus mobile app with the Quest 2 headset.
- Open this app and go to the “Settings” menu.
- Tap on the Settings icon and open the settings menu.
- Click to the “Devices” list.
- Search for your paired headset and tap on it.
- Select “more settings”.
- On the next screen, select “Factory reset”. Select this option.
- A pop-up will ask for confirmation to reset. Select “reset” to start the resetting process.
Keep in mind that resetting your Oculus quest headset will remove all the data and downloaded games from the headset. So only use this option if your headset is not working at all or if you want to resell the headset.
Read Related Post –
How long will it take to factory reset the oculus quest?
How do I delete all data from oculus quest?
How do you reset the oculus quest 2?
Resetting your Oculus Quest 2 will delete all your data and games, so only do it as a last resort. We have provided the complete guide on how to do a factory reset, so read it if you want to resell your headset.